I have a lot of feeling buts I don’t know how to coherently voice them. I’ve been playing with these thoughts in my head for the past two weeks, but I don’t know how to write a post and tie a nice pretty bow around the whole thing.
What I Loved:
- That scene where those who were previously dead, join Steve as he was about to face down Thanos and his army; knowingly outnumbered. The scene was visually stunning and on top of that, it was a morale boost that the audience desperately needed at this point. I was ready to lose Captain America in that moment but then he was joined and he was able to say “Avengers Assemble.”
- Sam becomes Captain America after Steve goes back in time and decides to live his life with Peggy.
- Peter Parker! His interactions are always some of my favorites. But that scene where he has to say goodbye to Tony broke a little piece of me. I believe Tom Holland’s acting as Spiderman is so good, and he does such a great job at embodying all the different aspects of this character.
- Captain Marvel was also great, though I wish her part was longer throughout the movie but I understand now that Brie Larson had very little knowledge of her own character at this point. But the GIRL SQUAD? Amazing. Loved every moment.
Things to Note:
- Thor’s weight gain was a running joke throughout the movie and most fans have spoken up about their reactions. My opinion, his character development was realistic. This is a man who has lost practically everything over the course of just a few movies and the amount of loss he had to deal with, just kept growing. It was inevitably going to effect him, feeling as though the death toll was his burden to carry.
- I’m still not sure how I feel about Black Widow dying. It’s all well and good that she died for a good cause, but why was she the one chosen to die this way? And last I checked, aren’t we getting an origin story for her?
Okay so this ramble was a bit all over the place, but that’s basically how my emotions still are with this movie. On that note, I’m actually going to go see it again this week with a best friend of mine. Possibly with less emotional eyes. Now that I am home from my vacation, I am going to be catching up with Jane the Virgin and finishing up with Pretty Little Liars.